- Principle to practice. What has changed with Te Whariki 2017? We can support your team to think reflectively about what the implications of the new Te Whāriki are inside your setting.
Learning Stories: planning, assessment and evaluation
- Focusing on what matters for building robust processes. Learning Story assessment support and guidance
Dispositional learning and key competencies
- Bridging the gap between ECE and Primary school.
The environment as a third teacher
- A teacher who supports children’s growing sense of autonomy.
Gifts of Papatuanuku
- Supporting children’s creativity through ephemeral art experiences.
- Building resilient learners and thinkers. To praise or not to praise?
Image of the child
- Rich in potential - the view we have of children impacts on the way we teach.
Mathematics & Literacy
- Inside a play and values based curriculum.
Risk and challenge
- Understanding what this looks like inside our settings and why it is important.
Growing socially competent children
- Working toward building a collaborative community.
Managers, leaders and governance groups
- We can provide mentor support and appraisal. We can also assist with supporting wise practice ideas around roles and responsibilities in each of these areas.
The language of learning
- Growing strong learner identities.
Transition to school
- Supporting teachers to grow resilient children, confident to transition to school and beyond - growing lifelong learners.
Infant and toddler settings
- Wise practice; respect, rituals and rhythms.
- Valuing language, culture and identity of everyone in the centre. What does a truly inclusive education look like for all children? With a strong focus on Te Tiriti o Waitangi centre practices.
Continuity and complexity
- Strengthening learning for children in our settings and beyond.
Aligning the pou
- Consider ways to align each of the pou to create a learning and documentation process that is meaningful, measurable and motivating.
- Internal evaluation helps us to ensure we are focused on the best interests of the children and that our teaching and learning practices stay current. We can assist with resources and workshops to support all teachers in your setting to feel empowered through internal evaluation.
Education in nature
- A pedagogy of learning in nature supports children’s learning. Professional learning that supports you to go back to basics, back to nature, with our tamariki.
Play based learning
- A focus that supports teaching teams to grow their understanding of the power of complex play.
Putting the lens on Te Whatu Pōkeka
Continuity and complexity of learning
The power of play
- Supporting teaching teams to grow their understanding of the power of complex play.