The Ministry of Education has described early childhood services in targeted communites:
- Kaupapa Māori services with 80% or more spoken Māori.
- Pasifika language services with 80% or more spoken Pacific language with mixed parameters including languages, teacher and child ethnicity.
- Services at risk of not delivering high quality programmes. These services will not be able to meet certain indicators of success. Initially this may be as they are on a provisional, probationary, transitional licence, or have an Education of Review Office supplementary review, or have been identified by the local Ministry office.
- Low socio-economic areas as below:
- Auckland Wards: Massey, Tamaki, Henderson, Eden, Otara, Mangere, Manurewa, Papatoetoe, Papakura, Waitakere
- Te Awamutu South
- Te Kuiti
- Hamilton Wards: West, East, Tauwhare, Morrinsville
- Tokoroa and Putaruru Wards
- Taupo Turangi Wards
- Taupo Central, Richmond Heights, Waipahihi, Wharewaka
- Te Aroha
- Bay of Plenty Wards: Te Puke East, Te Puke, Mount Maunganui, Papamoa, Te Papa, Welcome Bay, Katikati, Waihi Beach
- Whakatane Wards: Ohope, Taneatua, Waimana
- Kawerau District
- Opotiki Ward
If you are unsure whether your setting is eligible under these criteria please contact your local Ministry of Education office.
Kotahi tonu te Wairua o nga mea katoa
There is one Spirit that flows through all