Apologies, this programme is now full. To enquire about how else we can help please contact email@example.com
“There is clear evidence that teachers who have strong ‘theoretical knowledge’ of literacy and can integrate this well, will achieve the greatest overall gains for children” McLachlan, Nicholson, Feilding-Barnsley, Mercer and Ohi
This programme will run from April 2019 - June 2020 and is available for centres in the following areas:
Paeroa, Waihi, Hauraki, Te Kuiti, Te Awamutu and Taumarunui
Language and culture are inseparable. Through this series of workshops and in centre visits we will focus on oral language, including infants and toddlers. We will unpack ways to strengthen language through quality environments and interactions that allow for mana, wairua and mauri to flourish.
Participating services will be placed in cluster groups with other local centres and will benefit from the following:
- In-depth workshops with an ELP Professional Learning Facilitator
- In-centre visits and support
- A ‘literacy-based’ internal evaluation focus and outcome statement relevant to your specific setting
- A chance to broaden your knowledge and practice around internal evaluation, shared and distributed leadership, action research, and literacy theory and practice
- Access to research, resources, and external experts
- Ongoing mentoring, contact, guidance, and support from professional learning facilitators and the community of practice in your literacy cluster group
- Opportunities to widen your professional network and strengthen your team and organisational culture
- Three 3 hour workshops with the five other centres in your cluster, followed by a presentation evening
- In-centre visits, supporting centres where needed with your individual focus
- Online support
How to apply:
Unfortunately applications for this programme are now closed.
Teachers as learners: Developing a community of learners through inquiry
Whakapūpūtia mai ō mānuka, kia kore ai e whati
Cluster the branches of the mānuka, so they will not break.
(Unite with a basic philosophy and know which direction to go)
To download a flyer for printing please click HERE. For more information about what is involved and how to apply please read below.
- An internal evaluation focus - based on what you want to grow in your centre
- Growing teachers’ as inquirers
- Supported self-directed professional learning
- Opportunities to be supported through cluster hui, centre visits and an online forum
- Opportunities to widen your professional network and create a sense of reciprocity amongst the ECE community
Infant and toddlers
Culturally responsive curriculum
Understanding your local curriculum
Working theories and dispositions
Assessment, planning and evaluation
Te Whāriki 2017
How did your journey unfold?
Waiho i te toipoto, kaua i te toiroa
Let us keep close together, not far apart
How to apply
Unfortunately applications for this programme have now closed.